Scope of the role:
- Leading, managing and developing a team of ~50 team members around the region with P&L responsibility to include sales, gross margin, marketing, expense and EBITDA results. The position has 4 direct reports (and their staffs) including the head of marketing, operations, sales and finance. The business has a number of different means to generate revenue including DTC, wholesale, distribution and licensing.
- Providing overall market leadership, developing and implementing a clear vision, strategy and plan for the global sales and marketing organization in line with Sound United’s Go-to-Market strategy. This includes identifying and implementing new business opportunities and growth strategies for legacy and new media products and solutions around the world.
- Teaming with the Global Product Development team on product roadmap development to ensure the regional requirements are being met within the broader context of global product platform requirements.
- Collaborating closely with Sound United senior management globally to ensure alignment with global business objectives and to proactively contribute thought leadership and overall strategy influence insights across the business.
- Leading the marketing organization to provide best in class marketing programs and synergies with commercial operations that drive sell out across the Sound United dealer base
- The ideal candidate is a high-caliber global senior executive (at least 12 to 15 years of overall experience) from BTC Branded Consumer Products which are marked by a fast and disruptive innovation pace and a complex multi-channel distribution set up, resulting in complex and rapidly changing business dynamics with an understanding an experience in Greater China business
- Demonstrated success leading and managing across region and P&L (general management), demonstrating market awareness and a strong commercial focus.
- A track record of success in developing and leading the execution of innovative and forward-thinking channel sales and marketing strategies; and business development.
- A track record as a recognized change agent and innovator who has courageously led and challenged the status quo. A clear understanding of the importance of a business needing to protect its legacy core products while transforming beyond legacy products to new and emerging technologies, products and solutions.
- An energetic and charismatic leader who can motivate those around him and provide the necessary leadership and guidance to create a successful commercial development team and business cycle.