WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Research Team Manager, you will manage large research teams in one or more Practice Areas (10-20 headcount) and lead business development, providing hub/ region-wide impact.
By developing and driving a team vision, you will proactively lead the expansion and improvement of the overall DRS Japanese research service and manage business relationships with one or more industries / topics primarily with our Japan offices.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Managing and coaching teams
• You will have a knack for inspiring and motivating others, serving as an excellent role model to more junior team members and accustomed to working in an international team environment
• You will manage hub-wide operations including recruiting, on boarding and other operations
• By engaging in regular discussions on career development, you will support ongoing learning through training, stretch assignments etc.
Offering exceptional levels of customer service
• You will be expected to liaise closely with the Japan offices to understand emerging needs whilst proactively developing and introducing new services / service enhancements
• Speaking confidently with senior stakeholders comes naturally to you and you will have superior written /verbal communication skills
• You have the ability to provide strong thought partnership to senior stakeholders in the Practice Area
Working accurately with a strong attention to detail
• Prioritisation and multi-tasking skills are essential. You will track DRS activity and ensure high quality delivery from the team, paying close attention to service delivery objectives on utilization, case billability, customer feedback score etc.
Acting as a business lead at both a regional and global level
• Within a covered Practice Area, you will be able to develop a sound plan demonstrating how the team contributes to overall business priorities and you will run initiatives at global level with little guidance.
• You will have sound business knowledge and proactively keep up with industry trends, sources and methods.
Problem solving, working flexibly and thinking analytically
• You will have the ability to proactively solve problems and work confidently in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Working at a fast pace comes easily to you and if needed, you will feel confident enough providing back up to the DRS Center Manager when needed