Duties and Responsibilities
- Make regular customer visits to engage in discussions with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, and manufacturing personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and support on composite parts and composite tools to K (company) customers.
- Provide goodwill to the customer in the form of technical services, beyond providing support only on K (company) materials, to build stronger ties between K (company) and customer. Position should be ready to help customer on technical problems even with other supplier products issues.
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, technical problems, and solutions provided to solve technical problems.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Travel will be required to fulfill job function up to 50% per month. Maintaining routine call and monthly reports will be required.
- Special assignments and projects assigned by the Technical Service Manager.
- Recommend changes that would best serve the customers and the company.
- Work effectively with K (company) colleagues to the benefit of the customers.
- Seek opportunities to build strong personal relationships with key with individuals at customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or core science required. Advanced degree a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in large composite parts/composite tools manufacturing and process engineering. Hands on experience on actual composite parts and problem solving required. Lab experience is not enough.
- Strong connections to aerospace industry, strong connections to C (COMPANY) subcontractors a plus.
- Must have competent written and oral English skills.
- Must be able to solve composite parts/composite tools problems/issues independently.
- Self-motivated, results oriented.
- Friendly, and must be committed to helping the customer as much as possible.