Duties and Responsibilities:
• Make regular customer visits to engage in discussions with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, and manufacturing personnel.
• Provide technical assistance and support on composite parts and composite tools to K (company) customers.
• Provide goodwill to the customer in the form of technical services, beyond providing support only on K (company) materials, to build stronger ties between K (company) and customer. Position should be ready to help customer on technical problems even with other supplier products issues.
• Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, technical problems, and solutions provided to solve technical problems.
• Develop innovative solutions.
• Travel will be required to fulfill job function up to 50% per month. Maintaining routine call and monthly reports will be required.
• Special assignments and projects assigned by the Technical Service Manager.
• Recommend changes that would best serve the customers and the company.
• Work effectively with K (company) colleagues to the benefit of the customers.
• Seek opportunities to build strong personal relationships with key with individuals at customers.
In addition this position will provide assistance in the following areas:
· Working together with sales and business development to identify new business opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or core science required. Advanced degree a plus.
• 10-15 years of experience in large composite parts/composite tools manufacturing and process engineering. Hands on experience on actual composite parts and problem solving required. Lab experience is not enough.
• Strong connections to aerospace industry, strong connections to C (COMPANY) subcontractors a plus.
• Must have competent written and oral English skills.
• Must be able to solve composite parts/composite tools problems/issues independently.
• Self-motivated, results oriented.
• Friendly, and must be committed to helping the customer as much as possible.