Position Title: Books Sales Executive – China/Macau
Department: Books Inside Sales
Reports To: Associate Director – Library Renewals/Library Solutions
- Secure sales of print, online courses and online books to international joint venture universities in China, universities in the Western provinces of China and all universities in Macau be it institutional purchase or department
- This role requires frequent travel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote and acquire adoptions of a selected list of between 5 – 10 titles (titles will be chosen in conjunction with the Field reps).
- Identify and contact all key academics in international joint venture universities in China, all universities in the western provinces of China and all universities in Macau using a needs-based selling approach to generate adoptions/sales.
- Follow up with lecturers, ensuring that all potentially adopted titles are discussed in detail and that any objections are handled effectively.
- Gather relevant information from lecturer discussions and feedback (as required) to the sales managers and marketing teams.
- Maintain and update the CRM system of new opportunities. This include management (forecasting) and monitoring of sample copies given to lecturers.
- Maintaining relationship with these targeted lecturers
- Work with all universities in China/Macau to promote sales of Online Courses and Digital products across universities in China/Macau
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- Preferably with at least 3 years of working experience in a fast-moving environment in Asia and have a passion for sales and meeting people
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Problem solving capabilities and ability to interact with people from different countries.
LANGUAGE, ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Have an eye for details.
- Be well organized with ability to prioritize a varied workload.
- Have a high level of initiative, and experience of providing regular sales reports.
- Be a team player, who is highly motivated to work under own initiative.
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese